Tom Venuto's Fat-Burning Recipes
Beefy Spanish Rice
- Long grain brown rice, 2 cups cooked
- 95% lean ground beef, 12 oz (note: works with lean ground turkey too)
- diced tomatoes, canned, 14.5 oz can
- Tomato paste, 2 tbsp
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion (approx 2 cups chopped)
- Thyme, 2 tsp
- Black pepper, 2 tsp
- garlic powder, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp or to taste (optional)
- Tabasco sauce, 1 -2 tbsp or to taste (optional)
Yield: makes 3 servings
1. Begin by starting to cook your rice (rice cooker recommended).
2. Next, prepare a large, deep sauté pan by coating the surface with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Chop the onions and green peppers, and sauté them until they begin to soften. Add the ground beef, stirring until evenly browned.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato pace. Add spices (thyme, black pepper and garlic powder) to your liking. Add Worcestershire sauce for additional flavor and or Tabasco sauce to make hot and spicy.
5. Stir in the rice and serve
- Calories: 417
- Protein: 32.9 g.
- Carbs: 42.7.
- Fat: 13.2 g.
This recipe is fully compatible with The Body Fat Solution Nutrition Rules. Enjoy!